Sunday, May 8, 2011

It is Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day.I am going to share a little about my mom today-not Santa Cruz Real Estate.

On Friday I was driving home and had the opportunity to hear a radio broadcaster share a tribute to her Mother who is no longer alive, it was very touching and made me realize how fortunate I am to still have my Mother in my life.

My mom was born 78 years ago in Mountain View California,she is the middle child and only girl. Her life was not easy-her father was in and out of their lives, money was tight and she fought for everything she ever had or wanted.

They moved to Santa Cruz at some point in time, probably for a job one of her parents. She did not graduate from high school, but is defiantly one of the smartest people I know. She left school to work in order to help support my Grandmother and her youngest brother.

When my parents married my mom was 24 and my father was 27, very old for the times. My mother the was the disciplinarian-nothing ever got by her, still to this day she can give me "that look" and stop me dead in my tracks. I am never sure what I may have done I just know I should not have done it.

There was a time several years ago, seems like another life time, that we did not have contact with one another any contact we did have was not pleasant. I am glad those times are past, but also think that there was some good that came from those years. I learned that I needed to make my own way, and that way, was going to be different from hers, that I did not need to share every detail of my life or choices with her, and that when she did not like or approve of what I was doing, life still moved forward and that she still loved me even if she was mad or disappointed.

When people ask me how my mom is, or if she is still alive I tell them that she is too mean or spunky to die. I know that one day that will happen, and when it does life will still move forward-I won't like it but my job will be to pick up and keep on.


Are you interested in Santa Cruz Real Estate,Buying or Selling Homes in Santa Cruz? Feel free to email me at Contact Me and I will be happy to provide you with information,listings and a FREE market analysis.

No comments:

Post a Comment