Saturday, March 26, 2011

FACEBOOK/KELLER WILLIAMS REALTY

I had, what I think is an interesting thought today.I actually think all my thoughts are interesting, but that is another blog post.

When reading the paper this morning, there was a rather lengthy article about how Facebook grows its locations. This article referred specifically to a tactical team that moves to the desired location-in this case Austin Texas and beings the process of recruiting and hiring teams to staff the new location.

A large part of their goal is to duplicate success, safeguard the culture of Facebook and to instill a sense of sameness to each location even down to the manner their office is set up.

While there may be a coincidence that the article mentioned Austin Texas, home base of Gary Keller and Keller Williams International headquarters, I found the similarities rather interesting.

First and foremost was the culture of the company. I realize that every business has its own culture, the difference is how that culture is embraced, explained and defined in day to day activities. The key to the KW success in this arena is education, sharing,growing. The KW business model touts "faith, family and then business". Call it whatever you want but to me it means doing the right thing, period end of story.

The next item is what Facebook calls Hackathon. Hackathon is a regular event in which for that day there is one rule, you can not do your "normal" job that day. It is the day that you are to explore and expand. I am pretty sure KW, does not have a hackathon day..but I can imagine the possibilities. When I figure out a way to make that day happen, you can count on it taking place.

We have had a rough few weeks here in Santa Cruz, the weather has created havoc, but there is still real estate to sell, places to buy and the sun is just around the corner I am pretty sure.

For a FREE no obligation Market Analysis email me at Contact Me

No comments:

Post a Comment